Saturday, April 02, 2011

FOSDEM 2011

This February for second consecutive year I took part in the lively developers' European meeting (DEM) of software engineers, hackers, project leaders,  enterpreneurs, enthusiasts. These guys gather together inspired by the idea of free and open source (FOS) software.

The event takes place in Brussels, which lets me check out imposing buildings of the Institutions of the  European Union and hear from my friends working for our common European future.

This year apart form the cool topics that were discussed I did as well spread the word about my famous (I hope so :) project CompariSONG. It is a tool to query melodies hummed by the user and recognize the original song. More about it one can read here


After the conference I decided to keep on improving the project and launch a full-fledged version soon.
If you can sing, please, check it out. If you are java developer, join me. It is fun :)

No comments: